Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SFG Nationally Published

So this week, a major national publication finally recognized my bitchin' writing talent. And it only took a little over three decades- what a meteoric rise to fame.

So who published my work, you ask? Was it Sports Illustrated? Hockey Digest? Penthouse Forum?

Oh, hell no. Those rags aren't good enough for my phrases of gold.

I got my dream shot from Memory Makers Scrapbooking Magazine:


No shit-I'm in here

My wife Annie has a friend Noel that is sort of big in the scrapbooking world, and she submitted a layout on a certain middle aged semi-athlete that isn't ready to quit playing yet. The magazine liked it and decided to put it into their September edition. Here it is (click to enlarge):


The camera adds a few pounds. Screw you.

You'll notice two things about the piece. One, even though I composed the sumbitch, I didn't get a writing credit, so I'll have to remain in oblivion for another thirty years. And two, my wife didn't have an action photo of me (all the pictures she had at the time were me standing with my thumb up my ass), so she found an old picture of Dawgs II goalie Bryan Harvey to send to Noel. So you hit the big time too, Bryan. Way to go.

I figure this is the first step in my new career as a journalist. Next, I'll be in Good Housekeeping, and then, who knows, maybe Family Circle?

Dare to dream, little one...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

actually Al, those action photos are of current dawgs II goalie Bryan Harvey! Matt gets enough credit