Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dakota Ridge Wins!

In the last couple of weeks, a whole bunch of my fellow degenerates out there took the American Family Insurance safe driving pledge to help Dakota Ridge High School in their quest to win enough money for a new crosswalk. And I'm happy to report that when all the counting was done Wednesday night, the Mighty Eagles finished on top, and will get their much needed crosswalk.

They actually fell out of the lead as late as Wednesday afternoon, but fueled by a late surge, including some frantic activity from my Dawg Nation brothers and sisters, they jumped back to the top and won going away by around 700 pledges. This is a terrific win for Dakota Ridge principal and Dawgs hockey player Jim Jelinek, and proves how much can be accomplished by a small group of dedicated people.


Here's Jelly- he never looks this good. Must be an old photo.

I could tell by the traffic feed on the right side of my blog that a lot of you fine people linked over and filled out the form. Well kids, it might be this year, or it might be 10 years from now, but you helped save a life by taking a minute to do that, and I can't express to you how much I appreciate it.

Take a bow, Dakota Ridge Eagles, Dawg Nation, and both of my regular readers. You did a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jelly! Cappy