Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Best Goal Call Ever

This was maybe the best football game I've ever seen (yeah, this is the real football). Newcastle United was down 4-0 to mighty Arsenal, which was the equivalent of being behind four or five touchdowns in American football. And then they came back with four second half goals, culminating in what you'll see when you click below.

Over the holidays, my kids showed me this YouTube video. I had seen the goal itself a hundred times, because it was from one of the most famous matches ever played. But I had never heard the broadcast from the Newcastle radio perspective. What you'll hear when you play this is an announcer named Justin Lockwood, and it will knock your socks off. I've never heard anything like it- gave me the goosebumps.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love local commentators especially when they just lose it like that. That was a great game.

Anonymous said...

ummmm any Mike Lange commentary..

Al the Short Fat Goalie said...

Fair enough- I love Mike Lange...